Thursday, February 14, 2013

Stranger Side

       
A funny little heart in a funny little box, never take it out cos it might get dropped...


....bottle up and hide, tell a little lie if you must.


See the crooked man trying to walk a crooked mile, see the crooked lady with her crooked little smile...


...they see us as we pass and they don't know what to make of us...


...cos you and I, we see a stranger side of things...


...you and I


...we dream a stranger kind dream


...we walk a weirder side of the street.


          Happy Valentines Day! Yep that dreaded/loved/tolerated day of love/misery/pink has come and gone again, and I'm kind of sad to see it go! I was going to post today as a Bit Of Ridiculous #2 but I feel like I've said all I need to say about valentines in other posts so I decided just to be semi-happy about valentines, because it is just another day, and I like most days!

         This valentines, I got many sweet gifts from sweet friends, went to the Northland vrs Maranatha game (which we won!), was blessed by a wonderful, happy, splendidly, ridiculously fun, surprise visit from my bestie Heather Jerome, and can't get Gabrielle Aplin song lyrics out of my head!

        How was your valentines? Ridiculous or ridiculous? 



4 comments:

  1. Keep writing morrrree :)) I love this funny little poem :) I hope you are having awesome fun at school and will you be going back to Ireland during the summer or staying there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! It was a fun night! Haha Jeanine! I know I'm terrible at being a regular blogger! No I'm afraid I'll be here during the summer; more job opportunities (I'm working at Shepherds again). I'll probably be back in Ireland at Christmas time though. When are you traveling over?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...