Friday, January 6, 2012

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

       
         Well 2011 is over. It seems I am never sorry to see the back of another year, and this one in particular! Having said that, before you call me a miserable cynic I always have unrealistic expectations for the beginning of a new year. This will be the year where I get my weight back to where I want it, I will no longer procrastinate, I will learn how to drive (yes I am 22 and I don't have a full license in any country, don't judge me!), I will improve myself and generally achieve all things. Of course I know few if any of these will come to pass, and I will end up at New Year's breathing a sigh of relief at the commencement of another year! Such is life.

          Enough with my cynicism. I love Christmas! It's something I look forward to all year. I was so blessed to be able to go home for Christmas. Being away from family at Christmas has got to be the most miserable thing in the world, and I couldn't believe it when my Mom phoned me up and told me that the money to get me home had come through. God is so good! I thought I'd share some pictures of what I got up to over Christmas and New Years.







I was so excited for Christmas morning! Dad and I had joined forces to get Mom an iPhone and I could not wait to see Mom's reaction. Suffice to say she was sooo excited! She's been playing Angry Birds ever since!



Turkey covered in...bacon!




Mom seriously makes the best stuffing in the world with cranberries and almonds. Yum!


Is there anything more heavenly than sweet potatoes?! That is of course a rhetorical question, the affirmative answer is assumed.



This Christmas I was thinking a lot about the real meaning of the season. The fact that we are celebrating the birth of Christ; the person, the prophesied King, the seed that was promised that would crush sin and death and restore man to a right relationship with God. This is the event that the entire Old Testament waits for! I think often I take for granted how amazing Christmas is! 



I spent New Years Eve in Dublin with Triona and her boyfriend Clement. I love Triona's parties. They are always so relaxed and fun. This year we spent our time watching The IT Crowd,  playing Call of Duty, and eating gluttonous amounts of food.







We couldn't really see the fireworks from the apartment so we made do with the TV!! Although we did see the odd Chinese lantern. 

        Triona and I spent had some girl time around Dublin, mostly loitering around Starbucks and a little, artsy tea place.


Eggnog Latte!!






Such an interesting place!





I had an orange and coconut tea, nom nom! 


I loved it so much and so we ended up there again on Monday before I was to return home!




Triona made a new friend!!


Well merry belated Christmas and a happy New Year! I hope your holidays were as pleasant as mine. 


3 comments:

  1. heyyyy lady! I am thinking we need to see each other again! :) Lovely posting!
    Ps... I mentioned you HERE. http://becauseiwasbored09.blogspot.com/2012/01/sharing-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had an awesome holiday season, Leah! Merry [belated] Christmas - it is my favorite time of year, also but this year it seemed to pass even quicker than usual which of course, isn't possible. =D Happy 2012 - I hope it is a grand year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I LOVE these pictures! They are brilliant and I'm so glad you got to go home and spend it with family and friends. You looked really happy :) Christmas poppers! Fun, fun. That tea room cafe place looks amazing! Very imaginative :)

    Happy New Years my American/Irish sister overseas :))

    Jeanine xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...