Monday, June 6, 2011

A New Kitchen is Coming!

           Well chaos is almost upon us, as Mom is all set to get her new kitchen. Mom has always wanted to renovate our dated kitchen for years ( and since I've started cooking I've come to dislike it as much as she does). Well now the time has finally come and Mom can barely contain her excitement! My only regret is that I won't have much opportunity to work in it, as I will be leaving soon. Still, I'm so happy that Mom is finally getting her wish!

           So far we've only gotten the new lights installed, and on Wensday the old floors will be taken up, wall insulation filled in the walls, and in the attic. Having started online classes, I will be running away to the Library!

          The attic has been cleared out for the workers, cupboards have been emptied, and this is only the beginning!







Sammy doesn't like all the upheaval 







Cleaning out our "man drawers" 


Look at all those batteries, currency and unexplainable electric cords! Totally a "man drawer"!

  
Mystery keys


           All this talk about kitchen renovations has made me think about my own design style, and how I would do a kitchen if I had one. I really like a rustic, french feel kitchen. Here are some kitchens I heart.











I love the chalk board on the door











I will keep blogging about our kitchen as the renovation progress continues. Have a happy Monday...who am I kidding? There's no such thing! Hope you're all surviving!

2 comments:

  1. cute pics, a lot of those kitchen styles remind me of french country style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm obsessed with french style decorating! Someday when I have my own house it's all going to look like this! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...