Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Little Bit of Ridiculous # 1


        
         Thought I'd start my first ridiculous post with something personal of mine; my alarm clock! I got this at my favourite store back home; Penneys Prima (super cheap with many much beautiful things!) during my visit this past Christmas. I thought it looked kind of cute, and retro and it matched my dorm's colour scheme, but had no idea how it would work as an alarm.

         The clock has two settings; you can choose between a musical alarm, and a bell. The first time I used it I chose the musical setting and settled in for the night. Well the music has a variety of old, but recognizable 80s and 90s tunes, and sounds a bit like those musical children's toys, and the tune changes every couple of seconds. I found myself waking up trying to guess the tune before hitting snooze a couple of times. When I eventually chose to turn the clock off and get up, the clock said good morning to me!! I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard (maybe you have to be there) and I still have a good giggle about it every morning! It's ridiculous, but I love it! 

          Hope you guys had a wonderful Wednesday! We all got snowed in on campus, so no Awana for my church team. Fortunately we also have Heart Conference on this week so there are plenty of new people to meet, and amazing sessions to attend. I may post about it further this weekend. 



"She had a lively, playful disposition that delighted in anything ridiculous"-Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice  

           
         

1 comment:

  1. What a crazilicious alarm clock you got there! It's adorable and hysterical that it greets you with a "hello"...I'd say, if one must be dragged from slumber against one's wishes-best to have one of these lil guys to bring a sleepy smile to one's face.

    Don't think we have any Penneys Prima around these parts tho haha bummer :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...